Hello, Junfeng.

Thank you for the report and sorry for delay.

Yes, the problem exists somewhere, but this is not reiserfsck --fix-fixable problem.
I just modified the set of commands by the following way:

mkreiserfs dev && mount dev /mnt -o sync && touch /mnt/file && mkdir /mnt/d && echo Hello >/mnt/hello && reboot -fn
After boot it is reasonable to pack the reiserfs metada and compare "mount" and "reiserfsck --fix-fixable" results on _one_ crashed filesystem.
# debugreiserfs -p dev | gzip -c > metadata.gz
1.
mount the crashed disk and see data

2.
umount
dd if=/dev/zero of=dev
gunzip -c metadata.gz | debugreiserfs -u dev
reiserfsck --fix-fixable dev
mount the recovered  filesystem and see data

I this case the results of "mount" and "fsck --fix-fixable && mount "are equal.
Nevetheless, the "sync" problem exists somewhere. Because (yes, you are right), sometimes there are no correct data on filesystem after such "crash". I run this test several times and see that sometimes data is lost after reboot -fn.

We are working on this problem now.

Thanks,
Lena

Junfeng Yang wrote:

Hi, our mail server had some problems the last few days.  I'm not sure if
you guys have received my message or not.  Can you please send me an ACK,
even if you haven't gotten time to diagnose the error yet?

Thanks a lot,
-Junfeng