Hi,

If I'm running plain 2.6.11(.0) patched with reiser4-for-2.6.11-broken-out.2.gz I can hang reiser4 when running
ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/tridge/dbench/dbench-3.02.tar.gz
for about an hour with the following script.

#!/bin/sh

RUNTIME=200

run()
{
    t=$1
    n=$2
    sync
    date
    if [ $t = xattr ]; then
        ./dbench -c client.txt -x -D /tmp -t$RUNTIME $n
    else
        ./dbench -c client.txt -D /tmp -t$RUNTIME $n
    fi
}

while :; do for n in 90 100 110 120 130 140 150 160 170 180 190 200; do run noxattr $n done done ----------------------------------------------------------------------

After a hard reset reiser4progs 1.0.4 reported semantic tree corruptions. (No, I didn't write down the fsck.reiser4 output.)

I tried it out because I found the following on linux-kernel:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=110099542612492&w=2

This behaviour is reproducible. I tried ext3,reiserfs,xfs and jfs
on the same disk with the same data, all ran dbench fine till
user abort without locking the machine.

# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.11-k7-reiser4 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc-Version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-5)) #1 Mon Mar 28 20:23:57 CEST 2005

Quote from namesys.com/download.html >Reiser4 has just been released. Namesys has the most stringent QA >process of any Linux maintainer, a firm belief that no user should hit >a bug that developer testing could find first if the effort is made, a >by now grand archive of filesystem tests, and no one on our mailing >list can make it crash any more, and all of this is why it took us so >long to release it, but until a program has seen a few million real >users you should not use it for a mission critical server.

I guess dbench-3.x stress testing is missing from your grand archive ;-)

--
lg, Chris