Andrew Clausen wrote:

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 08:10:18PM -0500, David Masover wrote:

The blocklist is only needed to find the blocks in the nested file,
which is huge. (I don't know anything about reiser packing, but
things like tail-merging aren't a serious problem.)

Yet, it's still a problem. You want a standardized way to map files to
underlying blocks, and before Reiser4, I'd say this was easy. But now,
who knows what the FS does to bastardize the file on the way down?
Crypto/compression? Tail-packing? Stenography? The possibilities are
endless...

Can't you disable these things for the special nested file? You only
need the block list for one file!

This must be fine!

-- --

Check FT Websites ... http://www.futuretg.com  - ftp://ftp.futuretg.com