After a new build off a server we keep getting problems with it.
The server is in software raid-1 (mirroring) with slackware 10.1 and
reiserfs.

When accessing a particulary directory, the systems hangs with a kernel
panic (mapping memory).
Memory has been changed twice without any effect.

When starting up the machine we got lot (hundreds) of thes messages:
md:reiserfsck (pid 106) used obsolete MD ioctl,  upgrade your software to
use new
ictls.
Then machine boots further, and it works normally until we access a
perticulair directory.
The server reboots or hangs with a kernel panic (mapping virtual memory)
Switching to init 1 and then reiserfsck --rebuild-tree reports errors which
can be fixed, but the problems still remains.

/proc/mdstat gives no errors
Personalities : [linear] [raid0] [raid1] [raid5]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md0 : active raid1 sdb2[1] sda2[0]
      19542976 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md1 : active raid1 sdb3[1] sda3[0]