Edward Shishkin wrote:

Keven Murphy wrote:

Hello,

I have read so much about reiser4 and the crypto plugin. What I have not
found is any docs on how to set up a partition using the plugin.

Hello. Crypto transform is unsupported for a while,

That's too bad. Because if you do not use the latest machines (e.g. only 1 GHz CPU), you get, with cheap hard disks, 42 MB/s without encryption but only 12 MB/s with aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 (using dm-crypt). Thus, encryption seriously sacrifies performance. If you could limit performance-sacrificing to data which is really important (say: /home or /etc, but not /usr or /bin), performance would suffer less. Encryption should be orthogonal to the volume|partition the data is stored on. So I'm looking forward to (transparent) file level encryption becoming usable. :-)

only compression (still not
for product using). The docs are under  construction.

Thanks,
Edward.

ciao,
Xuân.

I have the modules installed and I have created a reiser4 filesystem. I am
not sure what I need to do next.

Thanks from a reiser newbie,

Keven Murphy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Murphy's Law
((U+C+I)x(10-S))/20xAx1/(1-sin(F/10))
U = Urgency    C = Complexity
I = Importance S = Skill
F = Frequency  A = Aggravation

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information. No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.