how many people are on reiserfs-list?

On 8/8/05, michael chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/8/05, michael chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >     I would definitely give $25 for the repacker, which is the
> > > mandatory  condition to get the resizer. How many people would give $25
> > > too ? why not  do a little fundraising ?
> > I would give $25 before it is done, only if it will be F/OSS.  I would
> > give $25 _after_ it's done to get my own personal, proprietary copy.

> Assuming we went the Paypal route via Fundable.org and the money went
> straight to a Namesys Paypal Merchant account; we'd need $ 92024.84
> USD before the 2.2% and $.30 USD deduction.  Assuming that every
> person donated $25 (which will obviously not be the case; some will
> donate more; some might less if we have to scrounge around, which we
> might) ; we'd need about 3681 people to donate.
>
> Assuming we went third-party before Namesys, and that money went from
> a third-party's Paypal account to Namesys, we'd need to charge the
> fees twice... a minimum of $94095.23 USD would be required; requiring
> a minimum of 3764 donators at $25 apiece.

Hmm... noticed a small flaw in the calculations -- the calculations
are based on the "merchant" rate; which require a constant flow of
transactions -- since this is more likely to be a one-time thing, this
would probably be charged at the "standard rate"; at 2.9%.  That means
the third-party would require $95456.79 USD; or 3819 donators at $25
apiece.  Straight to Namesys would require $92688.26 USD; or 3708
donators at $25 apiece.  Geez, Paypal is full of nothing but thieves
and crooks.  *evil glare*

--
~Mike
- Just my two cents