Hello

The lastest reiser4progs (1.0.5) can't find libaal
in configure script.

More precisely it doesn't find libaal because of version problem
Maybe it is a permission problem caused by SELinux. I had similar troubles myself. Disabling SELinux in /etc/selinux/config helped.

Take a look at /var/log/messages if there are any SELinux related access-denied messages. On my system it seemed that ldconfig was not able to generate symbolic links for libaal and therefore reiser4progs were not able to find the required libaal version.

Here are two mailing list entries dealing with ldconfig/SELinux problems:

http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2004-December/011960.html https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-December/msg00275.html

Best regards, Peter.