Clemens Eisserer wrote:
Hello David and thanks a lot for answering my question.

Have you tried "-o noatime"?

Why do you think this could help? Since the machine does absolutly nothing (no services, simply nothing
than a open bash).

I remember someone explaining this before. It went something like this: The atime update happens whenever something is accessed. Something (/bin/atime? not on my system) needs to be accessed in order to make that update. So, every five seconds, there _will_ be a new atime that must be written, and since ReiserFS3 doesn't do lazy writes, it _will_ be flushed out to disk. (Reiser4 would just keep it in RAM until memory pressure or a sync/fsync forced it out to disk.)

So, the simplest way is to do "-a noatime", unless you really need the atime updates. It'll boost your performance, too...

But this is all from memory, from a long time ago. I have no idea if any of the above is still true.

Also, Reiser4 is much more standby-friendly.  If you've got the RAM, it
won't touch your disk too much.

Yes I know - but its a bit too complicated for me to get everything
up&running from ground up using Reiser4 since its not in the
default-kernel of debian :-(

Nor Gentoo, but I use it there anyway.