Andrew, we have been working on a big patch that resolves the VFS
layering issues.  This patch should be ready to send in any day now, we
are debugging it.  We may not have been sending you a lot of emails, but
we have been working away at it.  I don't understand why you think the
review feedback was lost.

I will have Zam review the email history, develop the bullet list for
you, and send it.

Hans