> 2) Even though most modern block ciphers are designed to be fast, it's still
> faster to apply a reasonably quick compression scheme to whomp 16K of data
> down to 5-6K and encrypt/decrypt 5-6k than it is to encrypt/decrypt 16K.

Two questions.  One, does this mean that compression will usually be
performed before encryption (which to me, sounds like it appears to be
what would be the best method here)?

Second, will plugins be layerable, e.g. can I use a compression plugin
and a _seperate_ encryption plugin on the _same_ file, and then if so,
can I choose which order in which they take effect?

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents