On Tuesday 11 October 2005 16:55, Sander wrote:
> Peter Nixon wrote (ao):

> > > Your kernel is very, very old and tainted.
> >
> > Yes. I am aware of that. As I mentioned the server is an IBM server
> > running SUSE Linux Enterprise 8 and DB2. At the time of deployment of the
> > server SLES 9 was not yet certified to run with DB2.
>
> What I'm trying to say is that you are very unlikely to receive support
> on such an old kernel. And most likely the bug is fixed in a younger
> kernel.
>
> And, you are also running a tainted kernel. You are less likely to
> receive support on a tainted kernel.

Yes I understand the issue, however without running an official SLES kernel
the customer cannot receive support on DB2 or on their IBM hardware. If there
is a bug in the kernel that causes this then I need to get SUSE to roll a new
kernel and get it certified by IBM. If it is a bug in the SCSI driver (the
module that taints the kernel) then I need to report it to IBM and get them
to supply a fixed module.

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/