Just wanted to report that I've been able to compile the latest Reiser4 2.6 kernel patch into a 2.6.13.4 kernel (compiled for SMP) with no errors or warnings, and have so far written over 1GB of data to the filesystem.

This is on Slackware 10.2, dual Intel PII-400 processors, 1GB of RAM (running 4GB himem support in the kernel), no premptive kernel, gcc version 3.3.6.

I'm loading the reiser4 module manually, and have a 120GB Western Digital drive as one reiser4 filesystem. I'm currently rsyncing a Gentoo mirror to this hard drive as a test.

I have had the system crash on me three times while writing to the filesystem, but it turned out to be a problem with ACPI, and the reiser4 filesystem had no errors after every crash (fsck run with --check reported no errors).

Lookin' good!

--Dan