On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 11:13 -0800, Hans Reiser wrote:
> Toomas Laasik wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I was wondering if reiserfs has some sort of history plugin. I want a
> >filesystem that manages files similar to CVS or SVN so that I can say for
> >example that "I want asdasd.txt file exactly as it was on 15.10.2005
> >14:20:05" and I can get it. Of cource keeping that kind of "changelog"
> >takes much room on disk, but I assume one could set a percentage of disk
> >space for history and/or max days to keep history from.
> >

> Nothing yet exists, it should be done, and I encourage the doing of it.

it is not implemented directly in the kernel yet, afaik, but fuse
filesystems do exists which does this, i know of two, which can
accomplish it.
cvsfs - it mounts cvs, thus having version control, but requires cvs
server
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvsfs

then there is wayback, which is kinda a bridge between any filesystem,
and the version controlled, so lets say you have /mnt/bigstorage, with a
mofo raid mounted, then you do this:
mkdir /mnt/cvsfs
fusemount wayback_thing /mnt/bigstorage /mnt/cvsfs..
^^ not how you do, but you get the idea.
http://wayback.sourceforge.net/

--
Redeeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>