Laurent Riffard wrote:
Le 13.11.2005 01:55, Artur Makówka a écrit :
[snip]
one more thing im pretty sure of - the 2.6.13mm3 without any reiser4
additional patches (just clean 2.6.13mm3 as it has reiser4 already
built) is working fine.

i mean, im not sure if this bug still exists here, but im 100% sure i
can write vim files easy without any downtime, so this is big difference.

so for everyone with this bug - try clean 2.6.13mm3 from kernel.org. It
worked for me. i will wait with this kernel for a patch to stable line.

Also - i will test it a little more tomorrow to be sure that this
version is bug free.

Hello,

It seems that fsync could be really slow when there is a lot of
activity on the FS.

I've done the following test :
- on a reiser4 FS, unpack a fresh kernel tarball and start a compilation
- open a new terminal, wait 1 minute and start editing a file on the
same FS with vi.
- hit ":w" and wait...

$ strace -T vi foo 2>strace_vi.log
$ grep fsync strace_vi.log
fsync(3)                                = 0 <30.923808>
$

My computer is a desktop with an Athlon XP 1600 and 512 Mb RAM.
Write cache is disabled on the disk (hdparm -W0 /dev/hda).

~~
laurent

it crashed today morning, so 2.6.13mm is not much better than 2.6.14.

My fs is heavly used (but not overloaded) by many apache process or ftp process or postfix process.

I have free hosting server and i think i will have to close this thing becouse for over a month its often downtime everyday. Could you please tell us if there is any idea of how to fix it? i would move to another more stable fs but its too much data...