The notion of the regular plugin seems odd to me. It is a seperate plugin type
with distinct plugins that only serve to refer to "file" plugins (which are
found in plugin/object.c, not in plugin/file/*.c).

So when I create a new "file" plugin, I cannot use it unless I also create a
"regular" plugin which serves no purpose except to allow me to create those
"file"s by storing their ID.

A few words explaining why the "regular" plugin field couldn't have somehow
storeda "file" plugin would be educational. Also, regular is a rather unclear
name. Something like "defaultfileplugin" might be easier to deduce, or even
"defaultchild".

-pvh

--
Peter van Hardenberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Victoria, BC, Canada