Hello

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 01:44, alftheo potgieter wrote:
> Hi
> I'm using the latest reiserfsck (3.6.19),,
> My filesystem got corrupted by an unexpected power loss. Initially, I
> could mount the filesystem read-only with minor problems. As I had
> nowhere to back it up, I ran reiserfsck --rebuild-tree, which could not
> complete, as the filesystem was full.

it is possible to get such a corruption that fsck will need to
insert some extra metadata to successfully repair the fs. this
process may run out of disk space. I have an improved version
of reiserfsck, which detects these corruptions and avoid these
metadata insertion. however your fs already has these metadata
inserted and there is probably no space to proceed.

I will send you that improved reiserfsck, if it runs out of disk
space too, you need to enlarge you partition, enlarge fs, and run
reiserfsck again.

If you will need to enlarge the partition, before doing it,
please zero the space that will be added into the partition
to avoid mixing your reiserfs metadata with another reiserfs
metadata.

--
Vitaly