I tried that, but attaching it to another computer failed at the same spot, and the only extra drive I have is approximately one GB smaller, so when I copy, ddrescue can't copy everything, and when I do run rebuild-tree it claims the superblock refers to a larger drive than the partition and to --rebuild-sb, so then I ran rebuild-sb, which froze, and stopped accessing the drive. Is there any way to check it regardless of this size issue.

If not, is there any way to reformat and check the drive to make sure it doesn't have any problems. Everything on the drive is replaceable, but that would involve ripping 60+ CDs and downloading 40+ concerts, so if I could keep the data, that would be nice.

--Scott

Vladimir V. Saveliev wrote:

Hello