On 4/8/06, Peter van Hardenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dongxu,

Reaching into the filesystem itself for a project like this is not a very good idea. A wiki is a set of files -- let the filesystem do the hard work for you and use the standard API that is already in existence -- the VFS. You'll get all the benefits of the Reiser filesystem without having to break compatibility with other systems.

my own thought is that one can operate the filesystem, or at least query it via programming interface, you know, introduce shell is really a bad idea. There are already some examples on CPAN such as Filesys::Ext2.

I think a DBI/DBD interface to a Reiser-friendly file format is a really neat idea. You could create table rows as individual files within a directory and do foreign keys with links! I wonder what on-disk form would leverage Reiser4's dancing trees and intelligent allocation the most efficiently?

Yeah, I can store  each  field  into a file, and creat view and table structure from directory and links. With the help of reiserfs, I assume this could be possible to try.

I must say though, there is no binding to the Reiser4 API, and the Namesys team is very busy right now working towards getting R4 included in the mainline kernel. Hopefully once they have achieved this, the more exciting development can continue.

2.6.16 is a big step;-P

As for your second question, my experience is strictly with R4, so someone else will have to comment on that issue.

Anyway, great help for me, thanks.

All the best,
Peter van Hardenberg