Am Dienstag, 1. August 2006 23:59 schrieb Sander Sweers:
> On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 23:12 +0200, Maciej Sołtysiak wrote:
[...]
> Are there any on the list who know of rpm's for Suse/Redhat/Mandrake
> that include reiser4?
Suse excluded reiser4 from 10.1 because they want to keep the kernel "cleaner"
than in previous versions. Il ask what's the status with 10.2, but I think
it's still left out. With the new build-server
(http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service) it shouldn't be too hard to build
packages. Also Suse supports now special packages for kernel-modules, which
can even survive a kernel-update, if the API does not change.

But I see another important point: Reiser4 is very fast if you have more than
one reiser4 partition. But: most home users make one or two reiser4
partitions for testing purpose. Until the whole system does not run on
reiser4 the speed improvement cannot be felt 100%. So community members
should make pressure at Suse, Fedora, Mandriva to get reiser4 supported by
the distro.
--
Üdvözlettel -- Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Marcel Hilzinger