On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 10:35:02AM +0000, Peter wrote:
> This does not patch against 2.6.17-3 patchset however. Any possibility
> this may be related to some startup issues as noted on other threads here?

I have seen the issues at bootup you noticed some time ago, but only
once after the root fs had been mounted in a different way, i.e. laptop
hdd stuffed into a USB case and connected to my desktop, mounted to
/mnt/something.

The most annoying problems that have been fixed for me were related to
gentoo's postfix and spamd startup scripts. For some strange reason,
they did not detect properly that postfix had been started / spamd had
been stopped. Now everything seems kosher - I survived a few
suspend/resume cycles without the hickups that have become common during
the last few months. Sadly, I had more serious trouble to worry about,
otherwise I had bugged the list myself : P

Kind regards,
Chris