Hi all.

I'd had more problems with filesystem corruption after running out of space.

I was using 2.6.17-beyond-3, which has reiser4-for-2.6.17-3 merged in ( that's what they call it anyway ). I was compiling stuff when I ran out of room on my root partition. Unfortunately I rebooted in a panic ( after removing some stuff ) before it occured to me to copy down some output from dmesg. When I had rebooted ( luckily there was enough stuff intact to boot and to compile ) I got mysterious 'bus error' messages when using portage ( which uses python ). I ran fsck.resier4 and found that quite a decent number of files indeed ( including some stuff that python wanted ) were damaged. They got removed by fsck.resier4. I then dodgied things up sufficiently to fix python ( copied .so files from a previous version of python ), and incredibly was able to rebuild all the rest of the damaged stuff.

So anyway ... sorry I don't have any kernel message output stuff, but I think someone needs to revisit what happens when there is no room left on a reiser4 partition.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer