Hi,

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:28:28 +0100, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I just read in a german online news-site
> http://forum.tecchannel.de/news/themen/linux/456733/ that Hans' advocate
> Daniel Horowitz (I don't know wether this is the right word, that one
> how helps hans in front of the court) stopped working for hime because
> Hans was not able to pay him anymore.

Hmm? I don't know how it is in the United States of America, but doesn't
the plaintiff get an attourney paid "by the court" if he can't afford one?

The page at http://forum.tecchannel.de/news/themen/linux/456733/ cites no
source and since a report without a source attribution is not even worth
the bits it is stored on, do we have some actual news report (as in,
verifyable facts) somewhere? Is "jdo" an attribution? If they are
verifyable, did someone from California check them yet? (I live waaay over
the pond, so...)

> I don't know wether this is right or just imagination of newspapers, but
> if thats right we should help somehow. As far as I know there is
> currently no way of donating to Reiser4's developmant nore to help Hans
> in any way? Any ideas?
> Whats about registering a domain with sum fund stuff - donate to Reiser4
> / help Hans?
>
> Does nobody care?!

I do care and I set up a (small) pledge at pledgebank. Join it, please:
http://www.pledgebank.com/hans-reiser

What does an attourney cost for, say, 100 hours over there?

Also, someone (best: multiple persons) from the Oakland, California area
should attend the hearing at 11 Dec 2006 to see that nothing fishy goes
on.

cheers,
  Danny