I posed these questions some time ago, but I have not heard from anyone or
whether my message was accepted by the moderator. I guess I am not on the list.
Below is what I wrote initially.

We have a question concerning our results from our latest calculations using
relaxGUI. We have fed the program NMR relaxation data at 500 and 600 MHz on the
free protein and a structure of the protein in complex with DNA from an X-ray
structure. We know that binding of DNA induces some secondary structures
because the free protein has sections missing in the pdb. Because the free
protein structure has residues missing presumably due to disorder in the
crystal, we chose to use the structure of the bound protein. Could the use of a
structure of our protein with more order than expected cause problems with the
selection of the rotational diffusion tensor? The diffusion tensor the program
has selected doesn’t seem to match the overall shape of the protein. If it can
cause a problem, how do I add the residues missing from the crystal structure
for the refinement? Furthermore, can the program handle some residues missing
in crystal structures?

Thanks,
Dave

---