On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 4:39 PM Matthias Clasen <matthias.cla...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Andre Klapper <ak...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > After applying the patch, correct gnome-shell behavior in RTL languages
> > depends on the proper translation of one string in GTK+ for those
> > languages?
>
> Well, gtk uses this approach for its own rtl support. And it has been
> working ok for many years. I guess the only slightly objectionable
> thing here is to use this implementation detail of GTK+ in another
> module.

Right, The only alternative I can think of(*) is linking with GTK+ and
making the mutter-clutter API a wrapper around
gtk_widget_get_default_direction(). Not great either, though I guess it
doesn't really matter, given that gtk+ is already a dependency of mutter ...

(*) besides bringing back the entire translation infrastructure for a
single string - though I'm not sure multiple translation domains per module
are even supported