On Jan 11, 2008, at 2:42 AM, Tom Albers wrote:

Op vrijdag 11 januari 2008 00:52 schreef u:
On Thursday 10 January 2008 15:37:33 Allen Winter wrote:
I think we should move kwalletmanager from kdeutils into kdebase/ apps. The kwallet seems like a critical app that should always be available
in our base system.

Hmm, in the normal user experience there is actually nothing that
kwalletmanager provides that I call critical.
The only think I know of is opening your wallet and reading passwords when
konqueror or kmail fail to get them correctly. I'm assuming you don't
think that creating/managing a second or 3th wallet is critical ;)

Hmm, you sure about this? I was working on Mailody the past week and it did not save the password - and I did not have kdeutils installed, I installed kdeutils yesterday and suddenly it works. I'm not 100% sure this was the cause but at first glance it looks like it.
--
Tom Albers

kwalletmanager is _NOT_ required for using KWallet. If the password didn't save in the wallet, you need to be looking somewhere else other than kwalletmanager.
--
Matt