On 06/18/2012 07:47 PM, Torgny Nyblom wrote:
On Monday 18 June 2012 19.08.33 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
El Dilluns, 18 de juny de 2012, a les 06:36:33, Martin Gräßlin va escriure:
On Monday 18 June 2012 00:26:13 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
My concerns:
  * Need more people to do the tarball packaging/releasing (since if you

propose to release that often you can't expect the same person to be doing
packages almost weekly or byweekly given the release dates won't probably
align)
I would say we need proper Jenkins support for that. It must be as simple as
clicking one button to have the tarball fall out of the CI system and
already know whether it compiles or not.
This is cool, i totally support that, just don't see it there, do we have any
volunteer for the work?
I'm working on it :)

websites/build-kde-org development branch

Here are the scripts that are supposed to be used for the new Jenkins
install that is cooking.
Together with either the traditional packaging scripts or the new that
Allen has been working on the plan is to allow packaging to be done
automatically and periodically. Ideally each package will then be the
base of a build + test run.

/Regards
Torgny
There are several problems that were identified at the last releases (4.9 Betas and 4.8.4) and some can be addressed by Jenkins.
What we would need among other things:
- continuous build of stable KDE (was 4.8 branch) against the lowest Qt required and against all released dependencies (Soprano in particular but all the others as well) - a list of these should be available so people can check versions and even tarballs locations

After the 4.8.4 problems I looked at Jenkins and found the kdelibs 4.8 built failed for several days (weeks even). - how are problems reported from Jenkins? to whom? (build problems, tests failing problems,...)

- generating tarballs directly from Jenkins: from what you wrote I gather this is Allen's task, is there any ETA on this?

- questions I am asking myself about Jenkins: what archs are supported? what gcc versions? when will all modules be integrated? are there some talks of BoKs at Akademy about this?

There is a lot to do and 1 person + Allen are not enough in my opinion. A CI system team should be in relation with the QA Team and the Release Team. Do you have a road map?a list of tasks?

Best regards,

Anne-Marie