On Tuesday 16 June 2015 21:43:56 Christian Mollekopf wrote:

> I think as part of each frameworks release, we could publish a similar
> manifest,
> i.e. http://download.kde.org/stable/frameworks/#{version_dir}/manifest,
> where version_dir is the frameworks release number.
> The manifest could be a simple list of $framework $version:
> kimap 2.1.0
> kcalcore 1.0.1
>
> The frameworks tarballs themselves can continue to be made available
> through
> http://download.kde.org/stable/frameworks/$framework-$version.tar.xz.
>
> So yes, it would be a bit more work for that script, but not a whole
> lot, or would it?

This would actually be a nice solution. I could imagine that it also would
cover a number of other use cases, where it is helpful to have a machine-
readable list of all frameworks which are part of a release.

It could for example be used to detect, when new frameworks have been added.
There it even would be useful if all versions are the same.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumac...@kde.org>