On Tuesday, 26 October 2021 01:00:23 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
But I would like to say:
* We've seem to be doing quite well without needing this for "almost decades" * I fear that the possibility of "endless re-rolls" may make people test/review code less because "we can always re-roll the package if it breaks" * If we would be going to be doing this, I would personally prefer if the person that made that code mistake is the responsible for rolling out the packages and not the release engineer (that is Heiko for the most part). Doing a release every month is already quite some work.

P.S: Heiko feel free to disagree on the last bullet point above if you think you'd be fine with doing as many re-rolls as needed.

I somewhat share your concerns about the less-testing-attitude, but I wouldn't mind rolling out a hotfix in serious cases, if it doesn't happen all the time.

Regards,
Heiko