To my surprise, I received a request today for my translation of the Stasi
Report from someone who is not a member of this listserver.  It seems that
at least some of our messages get on Google.

In return, the requester sent me a copy of the bill which was adopted by the
National Assembly.  It is quite brief; it forbids wearing religious symbols
in "les ecoles, les colleges et les lycees publics."  I do not know what the
National Assembly plans to do regarding the recommendations regarding
chaplains for hospitals, prisons, and the armed forces, what it plans
regarding the recommendation for an institute of Islamic studies, on any of
the other recommendations of the Commission.

If anyone else wants my translation of the report I will be happy to send
it.

Bob O'Brien

NTMail K12 - the Mail Server for Education