Will Linden opined:

>  Which is why I consider it dishonest when the "news" media repeatedly describe DOMA or the proposed amendments and legislation as moves to "ban gay marriage". They would not forbid anyone to conduct any ceremonies they choose, or even to call them "marriage". The only thing that would be "banned" is REQUIRING GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS to call them "marriage".

I am not convinced the matter is that simple.  A law professor who had studied the matter claimed on Public Radio (Rick Duncan was also in the interview)  there are over a thousant federal laws concerning the benefits going to the married.  DOMA denies these benefits to homosexuals, does it not?

Bob O'Brien

NTMail K12 - the Mail Server for Education