Title: Re: And "proselytizing" Re: religious "indoctrination"
Robert:

I don’t in principle disagree with you.  In fact, your line of reasoning is precisely what I would like to see more of in the public square, one in which reasons are offered rather than names called.   Thus, I don’t think it was fair of you to isolate my last sentence—which, admittedly, I poorly phrased--from the larger point I was making: we use terms like “judgmental,” “dogmas,” “sectarian,” etc. in ways that permit us not to carefully examine them. Clearly, you are correct, there are judgments, dogmas and beliefs for which there seem to be no warrant.  But that was not my point.  To conscript my poorly phrased quit yet again, my point was that “being judgmental” is sometimes applied to people who do in fact have good reasons to hold their beliefs when those that issue this judgment are convinced that no such reasons exist.

Frank