Stevens creates a new prudential limitation on standing: "it is improper for
the federal courts to entertain a claim by a plaintiff whose standing to sue
is founded on family law rights that are in dispute when prosecution of the
lawsuit may have an adverse effect on the person who is the source of the
plaintiff¹s claimed standing." Even when he's suing in his own right, it
must be in his own right as a father, and not as an ordinary citizen. Isn't
the point that he shouldn't be recognized as capable of suing as a father if
the state court's authoritative family law judgment is that the child should
be left out of the lawsuit? If he's not suing as a father, and he's not a
Flast-type taxpayer, he's just the usual ideologue who isn't allowed to sue,
correct?

Ann