I'm a little puzzled as to how the alleged homosexuality of the
priests (or, if you prefer, the homosexual nature of their pedophilia)
makes a difference to the legal issues here.  As I understand it from
press accounts, actually, some of the plaintiffs who allege they were
molested in Oregon are women, though the majority are men.  See
Statesman Journal (Salem, OR), Nov. 19, 2002.  But in any event, calling
this a "homosexual paedophile priest scandal" seems as unconnected to
the legal question as calling it a "homosexual white Christian male
paedophile priest scandal."