Well, a quick search suggests that it's not just Episcopalians;
it's also the Ali Ghan Temple
(http://www.angelfire.com/yt/alpca3877/mdimages/AG.jpg) and hundreds of
others (http://www.angelfire.com/yt/alpca3877/maryland.html), including
several other denominations.  I assume that Maryland would not be
allowed to discriminate based on religion or ideology.  For the
application form, which seems to be available to all nonprofits that can
get at least 25 members to sign up, see
http://mva.state.md.us/VehicleServ/SpecialtyPlates/mva.pdf; for the
relevant statutory provision, see
http://mlis.state.md.us/cgi-win/web_statutes.exe?gtr&13-619; for the
relevant regulation, see
http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/11/11.15.19.03.htm and surrounding
regs.

        The regulation does say that "Use of the name, initials or
abbreviation of the organization on the bottom of the special
registration plates shall be in the sole discretion of the
Administration."  But obviously this discretion can't be exercised in a
way that violates the First Amendment, so the Administration would have
to accept a Satanists plate.