From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Jamar
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 3:52 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: Re: Free Exercise, Free Speech, and harm to others

On Monday, March 14, 2005, at 06:20 PM, Volokh, Eugene wrote:

Rather, my argument is
that the Free Exercise Clause ought not be read as allowing people to do
things that harm others simply because they feel a religious obligation
to do those things.

So you would be against displays of the 10 commandments on free exercise grounds because of the of the psychic harm caused by them to others even though they are displayed as a result of a religious obligation? And you would ban Mormons and JWs from stopping at my door just like all other peddlars -- if I could show psychic harm? I guess I don't see where this leads us out of the wilderness any better than the current mish mash of principles, policies, and adjustments.