At least you concede that you were taunting.  And I thought that that was inappropriate comment on this listserv.  It would help if you would respect the norms.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:29 AM
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: George Washington adding "under God" to the Presidential oath

In a message dated 7/20/2005 10:22:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I never associated Democrat Party with McCarthy, although I'm not all that surprised to learn that he originated it.  I always associated it with middle school.  It is intended to be somehow insulting without really having any discernable meaning and without being very clever.  It is a middle school level insult, and the whole governing party seems addicted to it.

It is really more like sophomoric than middle school.  Middle school taunts include (from experience with middle school children up to today) are heavy on claiming that the others' taunts are immature.