And anyway, the proper formulation is now "Judeo-Christian-Islam," the better to distinguish us from the other 2.3% of "believers."  See Scalia, J., dissenting in McCreary County.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: Assaults on the England language

Gene Garman wrote:
A wording which I find less acceptable is "Judeo-Christian." There is no such thing as a Judeo-Christian. Jews are not Christians, and Christians are not Jews.
I think you are misconstruing the term.  The term "Judeo-Christian", at least as I have seen it used, generally refers to a worldview drawn from that common ground which does exist between Judaism and Christianity.  Nobody who uses the term Judeo-Christian does so assuming that there is such a thing as a Judeo-Christian or that Jews and Christians are interchangable.

Brad Pardee

Please note that messages sent to this large list cannot be viewed as private.  Anyone can subscribe to the list and read messages that are posted; people can read the Web archives; and list members can (rightly or wrongly) forward the messages to others.