In a message dated 7/22/2005 2:42:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Does this mean that if some people doesn’t respect you that they are, in your view, free to call you anything they want to?  Can they call you a fundamentalist, or a homophobe, or bigot, and would that be OK?
Michael, I am not calling you a dog by saying that you are barking up the wrong tree.  I am telling you that I have thicker skin than that.

Maybe it's the fact that earlier iterations of juvenile behavior that I have experienced included a neighbor boy who insisted on calling me and my brothers the Henderbutts.

As for calling someone a homophobe, we did this thread two or three years ago.  It is a neologism of suspect origin and doubtful meaning.  But if I can survive being called Henderbutt, then Homophobe certainly won't kill me, even if it inaccurately reflects on my certainty that everyone, including isogenderphiliacs, are the object of God's love and affection.

Jim Henderbutt . . . er Henderson
Senior Counsel
ACLJ