Somebody else has also told me that it was in the news at the time.  I try to stay aware of these cases in the news, and I hadn't heard anything, unlike Employment Division Vs. Smith, Boerne Vs. Flores, and cases like that.  That being the case, if you tell me it was in the news, I'll take your word for it.

At any rate, I didn't think it was a "liberal press cover up" as much as it was a "liberal press really doesn't care".  Kind of like Buonanno v. AT&T Broadband, which didn't get anywhere near the coverage it would've if the plaintiff had been a member of a group the liberal press does care about.  (And this one I've looked for.)

Brad