Ed Brayton replied while I was away from my office with a link to the
quite thorough critique written by Alan Gishlick, Nick Matzke, and Wesley
R. Elsberry; I would have posted the same link, which should more than
suffice.  For a less technical but no less devastating critique of ID's
claim to be science, see Jerry Coyne, The Case Against Intelligent Design,
The Faith That Dare Not Speak Its Name, The New Republic (August 22, 2005)
required).

Michael R. Masinter                     3305 College Avenue
Professor of Law                        Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
Nova Southeastern University            (954) 262-6151 (voice)
Shepard Broad Law Center                (954) 262-3835 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Chair, ACLU of Florida Legal Panel