[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The press release linked below crossed my email today and given the subject of it, National Council on Bible Curriculum in the Schools vs. Bible Literacy Project, I thought list subscribers might have an interest.  It can be viewed in full at:  http://www.earnedmedia.org/kjos1130.htm

It looks to me like that press release is essentially an admission that the NCBCPS curriculum is unconstitutional under current precedent. The author first says that the Supreme Court has ruled that the bible can be taught in public schools as long as it's taught from a scholarly perspective and the school can't endorse the content, then he complains that the Bible Literacy Project curriculum encourages critical thinking about the bible and it "does not teach the Bible as the inerrant word of God", problems he says are not present in the NCBCPS curriculum. Isn't that pretty much an admission that the NCBCPS curriculum violates the Supreme Court's standards for teaching about the bible in public schools?

Ed Brayton