Clearly he neither sees a violationa, nor believes that there should be a
separation.

Paul Finkelman
President William McKinley Distinguished Professor of Law
     and Public Policy
Albany Law School
80 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, New York   12208-3494

518-445-3386
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/18/07 4:10 AM >>>
Surely you should be allowed to say any prayer you want, in private. To
give a Christian prayer in church is no problem for me, and if you pray
to Jesus in a military service for Christians, fine.

To pray to Jesus in a general military service is improper, and I see
problems with any law which expressly allows you to do that.

I respect your feeling deeply about what you see as an important issue.
Allow me to feel equally deeply about your imposing a Christian prayer
on non-Christians. You don't see a violation of the separation of church
and state here?

Susan