So if they have already passed the point where they have a mandatory lunch
break under federal law, even though none of them eat, a break at sunset would
be a second break, with more than de minimis cost, and therefore not required
under TWA v. Hardison, the leading case on Title VII accommodations.
Unfortunate, but possibly true.

But if the shifts in this plant are anything like the US norm, that's not a
problem.  The usual shifts are 8-4, 4-midnight, and midnight to 8, or sometimes
minor variations of that, such as 7-3, 3-11, and 11-7.  There's nothing magic
about that, but it puts one shift on people's normal daytime schedule.
Assuming the shifts at Swift are something like that, then workers at sunset
would be on roughly a 4-12 shift, and would be asking for an early lunch break
rather than a federally forbidden late one.

Eugene asks a good question, but sunset in LA this time of year is nearly 13
hours after sunrise.  The need for food after a 13-hour fast is sufficiently
intense that there's not much difference between the need for food at sunset
and the religious need to keep the fast.  A chance to eat at sunset is a
reasoanble accommodation of the religious need to fast until sunset.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/sep/10/swift-company