Leslie Griffin's excellent textbook has a chapter on this which includes a
case from the European Court of Human Rights on Turkey's secular interest in
banning religious clothing in some settings, and other materials.
I also like to include the South African Constitution's provisions on
religious freedom as well as the ICCPR.

Steve

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Rick Duncan <nebraskalawp...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I would like to add a comparative unit to my Religion and the Constitution
> class. Can anyone on the list recommend materials covering, say, the French
> approach to non-establishment? Is there an article or a case or two that I
> could assign my students to give them some insights into the French approach
> to non-establishment (perhaps something good on the head scarf issue)? Off
> list responses are fine.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rick Duncan
> Welpton Professor of Law
> University of Nebraska College of Law
> Lincoln, NE 68583-0902
>

> "And against the constitution I have never raised a storm,It's the
> scoundrels who've corrupted it that I want to reform" --Dick Gaughan (from
> the song, Thomas Muir of Huntershill)

Prof. Steven Jamar
Howard University School of Law
Associate Director, Institute of Intellectual Property and Social Justice
(IIPSJ) Inc.