I hope it is acceptable to share this announcement, as I think this lecture is
of interest to many on this listserve:

Save the Date: VLS annual Donald A. Giannella Lecture: 3/21
The title of this year's Lecture is "Employment Division v. Smith in Hindsight:
Ministers, Peyote and the Supreme Court." This year's lecturer is The Honorable
Michael W. McConnell, Richard & Frances Mallery Professor and Director of the
Constitutional Law Center, Stanford Law School. This lecture explores the logic
of intermediate positions between Smith's formal neutral and the strict
scrutiny of prior cases, and the implications of the recent decision in
Hosanna-Tabor Lutheran Church and School v. EEOC (the "Ministerial Exception"
Case) for the future reach of Smith and the meaning of Free Exercise of
Religion. A complimentary reception will immediately follow.

For additional information: http://www.law.villanova.edu/events
If you have questions, please contact:
nat...@law.villanova.edu<mailto:nat...@law.villanova.edu>

And I hope the links survived the copy and paste.

And I'll add, if you're able to attend, especially if you are nearby, it's also
a chance to see our still-new building.

And please feel free to forward this to other listserves and individuals you
think would be interested. Thanks.

Jim Maule
Villanova University School of Law