I think we probably all agree that the RLIUPA claim here should and will
fail, because of the compelling prison interest in not so selectively
rendering such a universally desired accommodation.

And for just that reason, I can't imagine any prison *voluntarily *allowing
religiously motivated prisoners to have conjugal visits denied to all
others.  So what follows is an academic question, but one that could have
implications in other contexts:

Doug, do you really agree with Eugene that such a permissive accommodation
might be *unconstitutional*, simply because it's something that many other
persons desire for nonreligious reasons?  Many permissive accommodations
are not formally or substantively neutral in that sense, but I had thought
that unless they (i) do not alleviate a significant state-imposed burden on
religious exercise; (ii) impose a meaningful burden on other persons; or
(iii) discriminate in the allocation of a constitutionally protected
activity such as speech or assembly, they are constitutionally
permissible.  Since none of those three problems is evidently present here,
I'd think a prison could, if it wished, accommodate the Muslim prisoner, no?