This may or may not be relevant to the constitutional question, but I think
it's likely that the religious employers in these cases would not object to
providing coverage for those medications if prescribed for non-contraceptive
purposes (because contraception would be a secondary effect).

Mark S. Scarberry
Pepperdine University School of Law

Marci Hamilton wrote:

Marty- one addition --women will also have to pay for oral contraceptives to
stop excessive bleeding, cramps, and hormone- triggered acne.   I think this
discussion needs to factor in the medical uses beyond contraception for
millions of women over the course of their lives.

Marci

Marci A. Hamilton
Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School