Great analogy, Michael!

Seriously?

I can't recall any case in which so many people have refused to take "yes"
for an answer.

[To beat a dead horse . . . here's the actual situation:

The law provides that all women in the U.S. are entitled to reimbursement
without cost for preventive care, including (but not limited to)
contraception.  And the way this public benefit is provided is through the
woman's insurance policy, whether provided by an employer or not.  An
employer that chooses to offer an insurance plan accordingly must include
the preventive services coverage in that plan.

The government says to religious nonprofit employers, however:  If you
don't want to offer such coverage in your plan, ok, just let us know, and
we'll require someone else to do it.  (The analogy I offer in my posts is
the Catholic judge who recuses from a death penalty case, thereby
obligating the nonreligious judge down the hall to cover the case.)  So,
far, that's the Notre Dame case (see the last section of my post here -
http://balkin.blogspot.com/2014/01/little-sisters-state-of-play.html) . . .
which I would suggest has virtually nothing in common with the stolen car
hypo.

OK, but in *this* case, we don't even have *that* -- here, once LS
expresses its religious objection, *no one else is required to provide the
coverage* and, whadda ya know?: the LS employees do not receive the benefit
to which virtually all other women are entitled.

Grand theft auto, I tell ya.]