No apologies necessary, Alan.  All of the points in your recent post --
that the Town of Greece prayer policy raises structural issues as well as
coercion/liberty issues , and that many on (and off) this list are quite
selective in the religious liberty concerns with which they sympathize --
are extremely well taken. Rick Garnett brought your MOJ post to the list,
and I am genuinely curious whether he and others at MOJ agree with your
assertion (and mine) that the Town of Greece prayer policy raises very
serious questions of whether the Town (quite independent of coercion) had
unconstitutionally aligned itself with Christianity.

Thanks.

Chip

--
Ira C. Lupu
F. Elwood & Eleanor Davis Professor of Law, Emeritus