Thanks for that extremely thoughtful response, Alan.

I think you're onto something important:  I imagine that even if the S&P
report is correct, and many employers will drop their health care plans in
the coming years, there is a definite "first mover" phenomenon at work --
that is to say, the main reason any employer would be reluctant to drop its
plan just now is precisely that there are too many uncertainties and it
wishes to avoid any risks, and is therefore waiting to see what, e.g., its
competitors will do.

That is entirely understandable employer behavior.  The question, however,
is why the female employees of that employer should suffer the consequences
if the employer opts not to take that chance just now, but opts instead to
wait-and-see.  If the mere *chance* of some marginal disadvantage in the
relevant labor market -- a disadvantage, I should add, that may very well
not result in any significant competitive disadvantage, assuming (as I
think is probably fair) that the labor pool for arts supplies stores is
fairly elastic -- is more important to the Greens than their alleged
complicity with employees' use of contraception, then it's not obvious to
me why the state should afford them an exemption that will redound to the
significant detriment of their employees.